Monday 4 May 2015

Evaluation question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product ?

During this project I have used a Nikon D3-100 DSLR camera and also the galaxy note 3. I learnt that when using the Nikon it is important to change the shutter speed to change the amount of light that is coming to the sensor. To compensate while taking photos yo have to increase the amount of light coming in to the sensor by adding lights or to increase the ISO level. However increasing the ISO level will increase the amount of noise in the picture. I learnt that while recording you should not track the camera from a place of low light to an area with a lot of light as the camera will need to refocus and this will ruin the shot as it takes around a second to refocus.

The editing softwere that we used was Final Cut, In this program I learnt how to colour correct as my shots had a yellow tint to it because of the lights I used. As i was filming i needed to use the steady cam but i was not able to keep it balanced so I used my Note 3 filimg 1080p at 60 fps to get a smooth shot which gave good results as well as good colour reproduction. If i had been able to use the stediecam i would have got footage which would be smooth like it was on a dolly.

To create my credits for the opening sequance I used Adobe After effects. In this program i was able to keyframe effects so they started and finished when i wanted the animation to do so. I was also able too add a source of light to the title of my film, this made an animation so that the title slowly appears then disapperas.








No comments:

Post a Comment